Global Oceans Website
Last modified: 07/06/2023
Global Oceans ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.global-oceans.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Individuals Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or information required to subscribe to periodic newsletters, updates, or other information sent via email; or to register for webinars, seminars, workshops, or other programming ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you; or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an event on our Website, subscribing to a newsletter or other service or for other uses. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, attachments, uploaded documents, or other information), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may request information at firstname.lastname@example.org on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, e.g. registering for a webinar.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· To send you subscriptions or other materials or engage in other outreach.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (registration or other form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Oceans’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Oceans’ about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and/or have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Oceans, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the registration form). You can also always opt-out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to: email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account if one is provided. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to maintain the Website. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Data Processing under GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) affords certain protections and rights to individuals in the European Union with respect to their personal information.
When you provide us with your name and email address to sign up for updates and alerts, you consent to us using your personal information to provide those updates and alerts. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. To withdraw consent, please contact us via the information provided in the “Contact Information” section.
Your Rights under GDPR
GDPR grants individuals in the European Union the following rights:
The right to access – You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make any such request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the information listed in the “Contact Information” section below.
International Data Transfers – We may transfer personal data we have collected from you outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Please be aware that countries outside of the EEA may not have the same level of data protection as your country. By signing up for updates and alerts, you consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA.
By mail: PO Box 455, Granby, CT 06035 USA
By phone: 1.847.334.5028
By email: email@example.com